Metal separation is a critical process within a Materials Recovery Facility. Firstly, it involves the separation of a high value commodity product. Secondly, its removal is important for the effective operation of downstream activities such as secondary shredding, optical sorting and RDF production
Overband magnets are designed for the continuous removal of ferrous metal such as steel from a product stream. The overband magnet is suspended above the feed line. As the ferrous metal passes under the magnet it is lifted out of the product feed and swept out of the magnetic field to a discharge point by cleated overband magnets. Depending on the application, permanent or electro magnets can be utilised.
Eddy Current Separators
Eddy Current Separators (ECS) are designed to separate non-ferrous conducting metals such as aluminium, copper and magnesium from a given waste or product stream.
- Separation of metals from domestic, industrial and skip waste in Material Recycling Facilities.
- Separation of metals in shredder residue
- Separation of metals from sold waste incinderator ash
- Sorting of aluminium cans
- Removal of metals from shredded wood
- Removal of metal contamination from crushed glass cullet