Air Density Separators / Windshifters
Air density separation or windshifting is a method of separating waste based on the density of material using the principles of controlled air. The input material is separated into two fractions varying from light to heavy.
Density separation is used as a method of separating or cleaning within Construction and Demolition, Commercial and Industrial or Municipal Solid Waste environments.
Kiverco density separators feature a combination of twin recirculation fans, a separation area with rotating drum and an expansion chamber. The KDS 1500 is a closed loop system which greatly reduces the volume of dust created.
The ability to adjust the direction and power of both the blowers and the accelerator feeder belt allows for much greater control and therefore better separation rates compared to conventional air blowers.
Highlights of a Kiverco Density Separator include:
- Removes unwanted product and controls calorific value during RDF / SRF production
- Delivers a clean aggregate / wood spilt
- Delivers a clean aggregate as part of a fines treatment process
- Fast, easy adjustment and control of input materials
- Easy to maintain
- Low dust emissions
- Highly cost effective
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- Commercial and Industrial Waste
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Waste to Energy RDF / SRF Production