Ballistic separators are designed for sorting and separating 2D material e.g. paper, plastic, film, card from 3D material e.g. plastic bottles, containers, wood. Material is broken down into a rolling, flat and sieved fraction. The lighter 2D material travels upwards in the direction of the paddles whilst the heavier 3D material bounces or rolls back; thus creating a line of 2D and 3D fractions for further processing. Fine particles are screened through the paddles.
Class Leading Ballistic Separator
At Kiverco we integrate class leading ballistic separators into our Materials Recovery Facilities.
One of our technology partner for Ballistic Separators is the German manufacturer Hartner Maschinenbau.
- Different materials can be processed within a single system
- 3 way separation - fines, rolling and heavy fractions and flat and light fractions
- Increased material quality – aggressive action attacks adhesions and contaminants
- High availability and uptime through rugged machine design
- Easy access maintenance doors
- Flexible adjustments to accommodate changing waste streams
- Commercial and Industrial Waste
- Dry Mixed Recyclables
- Municipal Solid Waste